Why Gunner’s Andersen-certified replacement service is a game-changer
Windows are more than just the eyes of our homes. They play an integral role in our home’s energy-efficiency, curb appeal, and protection from extreme temperatures. As windows age, many homeowners begin to notice condensation, drafts, and even visible damage on the panes. Recognizing these signs is essential as they might indicate that it’s time to replace your windows. This is where understanding the life span of different materials becomes crucial. In this post, we’ll explore the average life span of various residential windows.
Life span of different window materials
The life expectancy of windows largely depends on their material, quality, and maintenance. Here’s a brief rundown:
- Vinyl windows: With a window frame that offers low maintenance, vinyl windows last around 20-40 years. They are known for their durability and energy-efficiency.
- Wood windows: These windows last 15-20 years and sometimes even up to 30 years when properly maintained. However, wood windows are constantly exposed to the elements, like extreme heat, making them more susceptible to wear.
- Aluminum windows: Lasting for about 15-20 years, aluminum windows, though durable, can be less energy-efficient than their vinyl and wood frame counterparts.
- Fiberglass windows: A modern window material, fiberglass is gaining popularity for its long life span and insulating properties.
While these are general guidelines, it’s essential to regularly inspect your windows for signs of aging. Difficulty opening, broken windows, drafty windows, and deteriorating window seals are several signs that your windows might need to be replaced sooner than later.
Why choose Gunner for window replacement?
Replacing old windows with new windows can be a daunting task, but Gunner simplifies the process:
- Specialization in Andersen windows: Andersen windows, including their double-pane windows, are renowned for their quality. Gunner’s expertise ensures homeowners receive the best products available.
- Andersen certification: This certification is a testament to Gunner’s commitment to quality. It means they are trained and approved by Andersen to offer window replacement services, ensuring peace of mind for homeowners.
- Comprehensive service: From a free consultation to the final installation, Gunner ensures every step is smooth. They even provide advice on how long windows last, helping homeowners make informed decisions.
The benefits of Andersen windows
Andersen windows come with many benefits that cater to today’s windows needs:
- Durability: Built to withstand extreme weather conditions, including heat, cold, and UV rays, Andersen windows are designed for long-lasting performance.
- Energy-efficiency: Notice high energy bills lately? Andersen’s energy-efficient windows, especially their double-pane windows filled with insulating gas, can help reduce those monthly bills.
- Aesthetic appeal: Whether you’re aiming to enhance curb appeal or match the aesthetic of modern windows, Andersen has a range to suit every home.
Windows play a pivotal role in our homes. They protect us from outside air, insulate against sound waves, and let in light. Yet, as windows age, their performance can diminish. If you find yourself asking “How long do windows last?” or notice signs that it’s time for your windows to be replaced, Gunner is your go-to solution. With our Andersen-certified services, homeowners can be assured of cost-effective, quality window replacements. Don’t wait for further damage; replace your old windows with Gunner’s top-notch services today.